Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earrings....handmade


You know... there are so many ways to make earrings and earwires. I owe it to my good friend Sharon Driscoll (rightturnartwerks) that I know how do do this. I used to buy earwires until Sharon taught me how to shape them and hammer them and finish the ends so they are smooth.
She does make the most incredible earrings because even though they are a small piece, they are tiny works of art. You may want to see her work at www.rightturnartwerks.etsy.com

Anyhow....I make these discs and they aren't perfectly mirrored in looks. The size is the same, but in my eye, I see any flaw, yet they make these wonderful funky earrings. A different style than many you see in shops, but often at art fairs. colorful handmade and one of a kind.

1 comment:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Funky earrings are my favorites, Susan! I have many pair where the 2 do not match. Love 'em!

Sharon's work is gorgeous! I do love how she does the silver. I've hearted her shop!