Sunday, March 30, 2008

Oatmeal Cookies


This week my recipe is for Oatmeal Cookies. This is my husband's absolute favorite cookie. Everytime I start a batch of any kind of cookie he wants to know if they are oatmeal. I love any homemade cookie, but my own favorite is a homemade gingersnap and snickerdoodles are right up there in the favorite column too. Maybe that will be here another week.
My daughter makes these cookies for her Dad whenever she sees him and he is grateful. He says her cookies are better than mine. I had to call her up and ask her what her secret is! Too funny. My sister-in-law found this recipe in a magazine about 40 years ago. (hard to believe we're in our 50's now)

Oatmeal Cookies

cream together
1 c margarine
1 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar
add:
2 eggs
2 c flour
1 t salt
1 t soda
2 1/2 c oatmeal

I also add about 3/4 c chocolate chips

chill before baking
roll the dough in a ball and flatten it some
bake about 8 minutes 350 degrees they will be light brown and chewy

My daughter says the dough needs to be sticky and that I (in my wisdom) add more flour and I shouldn't.

:-) so there you are. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

What a gorgeous bead Susan!! I don't do baking, ( It just never works!!) but I love reading recipes.

ZudaGay said...

Lovely necklace!!! Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are my favorite! Thanks for the tip from your daughter, I didn't know that.