Thursday, June 19, 2008

Back in Michigan


We're back for the summer! Last week was finishing up work and packing for summer in our home in Michigan. Since it hasn't sold, we are enjoying the proximity to the lake and the nice weather. Plus our friends and acquaintances from 30 years of living in this area.
I went to buy some tissue paper today and it took two hours because I saw many people for the first time in a year (or more). It's fun unless I'm in a hurry.

Got the torch hooked up and did a bunch of beads this afternoon. I found my stash of Check glass that I didn't take to North Carolina. There are issues with compatibility with some of the glass, so today I made spacers. Ooooh I remember why I bought the glass in the first place. It's beautiful. I'm thinking it would make awesome hollow beads, so that's on my list of things to do.
It may be a good summer for trying those new things that are floating around in my mind also, since all I really have to do besides some scheduled shows and classes, is to pack up whatever is left here so we can empty the house.
It certainly is cooler here. 60 degrees when we got here on Monday, as opposed to in the 90's in NC. We were pretty cold until we found our sweatshirts.

No comments: