Friday, June 13, 2008

glass artist spotlight


I was thinking. I wonder how many glass artists there are named Susan. Coincidentally, there is another Susan Lambert who does lampwork. She goes by 'Suzy'.
So on my blog for a while, let's look at some glass artists and I'll hunt first for the ones named Susan. Just for fun.

Susan Sheehan is a fellow member of the Etsy Glass Artists team. She is always so friendly when she visits with the other team members, so I picked her for my first 'Susan Spotlight'

I've admired Susan's florets for a while. She has great color sense, and the florets look like they would be awesome in bracelets. Examples can be found in her Etsy shop. I also love this type of bead that she makes (see the image above).
She lives in New Hampshire In a home that came with a custom built studio. What a tremendous thing to find in a home when you are house shopping! We should all be that lucky.
She has done lampworking since September 2004, and is full-time at this, so she's got a pile of experience.

and the important question..
If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Susan would be Seafoam green. She loves the ocean, cool water, misty air and soothing things.

You can see Susan's work here.
If you know any glass artists named Susan send them this way please for our 'gallery of Susans'.

No comments: