Monday, January 12, 2009

air fares


I bought tickets last week to go see our daughter in Arizona. I purchased my husband's ticket (he's taking a different plane on a different day)
and then I purchased mine. In the 5 minutes it took to make his reservation MY ticket went up $60. Where is the justice in this?
I think I'll sell beads that way. Whoa.. wait a minute, I only have 20 of those left, so you have to pay $60 more.

ugh. Don't you think a plane ticket should be a plane ticket and the price should be the same for every seat?

I looked up that same ticket this morning and now it's $70 less than I paid! Farecast doesn't predict the price on that flight or I would have waited. probably anyway.

phhhhhhhhhhtttttt on American Airlines, whose customer relations department has no sympathy. 'That's the way airlines prices tickets' I was told. But in my opinion just because it's done a certain way, that doesn't make it the correct way.

I need to make some kiss my a$$ beads!

see this heart bead? I don't heart American Airlines!

3 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Come on, Susan, tell us how you REALLY feel!!! I'm kidding, don't throw beads at me!!!

This is pretty perplexing, how it can change so fast, and then no help or explanation from customer relations. Stinks.

susanlambert said...

hahah this is only a little rant! You should see my big rants! ;-)

Joanne said...

Ooh, that would've burned me up. I thought Customer Relations were suppose to nurture Customer relations! I love that heart bead, though. Very pretty.