Saturday, January 24, 2009

Do you Facebook?


A few months ago, I had an invitation to facebook. Ok I joined. Never did check it. Then a person added me as a friend so I went to the facebook pages and did the profile etc.
Well... it's pretty neat! The neatest thing about it is that I found some people I graduated from HS with in 1971! People I grew up with in a small town with a graduating class of 123, many of us from kindergarten on. I moved from that town, and my parents did too so the only contact I've had is at two class reunions. Plus my sister, my kids, my niece, are there too and we send each other hugs and kisses and little messages.
What a nifty surprise to visit and catch up, to see what people are doing. And it makes me think of how so many things in our world have changed since 1971. The opportunities that are available to women are now endless, and it's good to see youth interested in physical fitness and sports. We didn't even have sports for girls in 1971! I remember one year we had a girls track team. A goal for so many of us then was to be as skinny as possible. Now I see girls who lift weights and play sports and are taught to be healthy. And technology... well.. I'm starting to sound like my Grandma who said she was born in horse and buggy days and lived to see them put a man on the moon.
I think I'll go get my ipod, send emails on my computer, put some food in the microwave, and hmmmm what other modern conveniences ... oh let's not forget the blowdryer and curling iron! uggh I used to put my hair in rollers at night! Forgot about that! eeeew!

off and running........................

4 comments:

Sharon Driscoll said...

You're a dork! People are going to think that is YOU! I'm here to tell everyone who reads this post...it is much much worse. Love and miss you. Even if you are like the sea hag in the morning. Just kidding everyone. If she woke up looking like Julia Roberts we'd all hate her.

susanlambert said...

but I do look like Julia Roberts!

rosebud101 said...

Susan, you look lovely today! "See you on facebook!"

Sybil said...

You are so cool, Sue.