Monday, January 12, 2009

effective whining

Ok four phone calls to customer relations didn't do a thing about the disparity in price of my airline tickets. However... an email that I wrote was somewhat effective and they are going to give me a voucher. I can live with that! The fact that the consumer was acknowledged and the problem was addressed. Thank you .. ok American Airlines, I like you more now! I'd like you even more, though, if my ticket was the price it was on line this morning... a savings of $70.

I was thinking about that. A customer is a valuable person. I know that with my Etsy shop. Treat your customers well. Timely shipping, a guarantee and a little extra something in every package. That's good business.
Having jumping up and down prices and defending that (without a leg to stand on if you ask me) is not good business. I do see this same thing happen with train tickets too. There should be some regulation here if you ask me. And if you didn't ask me...... well haha I do certainly have opinions on 'stuff' like that.

In the meantime, the prices on my beads are staying the same although it might be fun to go add $70 to all my prices. ;-)

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Yay! At least American came through with something. That's half the issue, recognizing the validity of your complaint.

rosebud101 said...

I feel your pain. Best Buy and I have done battle about my new laptop. At least, they came through in the end, but it does leave a bad taste in your mouth.

susanlambert said...

yes it's great that they at least listened. apparently an email to customer relations is better than phone calls!
Rosebud did you get things resolved with the laptop?
what would we do without our computers??

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

If and when I need a negotiator I am sending for you. You can just fake pretend that you are me. And boy oh boy do I feel for yoiu guys with the lasp top problems. One lousy glitch and things go haywire.

susanlambert said...

I think it's just because I'm like a dog hanging on someone's pantleg who won't let go. I hate injustice. They just want me to shut up and go away. ;-)