Thursday, March 12, 2009

Art Appreciation


I try to teach my Art students to 'think outside the box'. So being my quirky self, I taped a mustache on Mona who is on the bulletin board in my classroom.

My middle school kids kept asking "WHO put that mustache on Mona Lisa?" and I'd say "me"

"WHY?"

"because it amuses me"

finally they got the joke. Then they decided she also needed eyebrows. The next week they gave her a necklace for Spirit Week.

So is this art appreciation or teaching them to deface fine art?

I can't decide, but it still... amuses me.

2 comments:

Debby said...

Hey, if it feels good, do it! I've never been a fan of old Mona anyway.

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

I think Mona probably had a mustache in the first place and Leo chose to use artistic license and leave it out! Bravo teacher and students for taking a creative look at the art. I bet they never look at Mona the same way again.