Thursday, May 7, 2009

Abbey College


Isn't this beautiful? It is a college here in Belmont, NC called Belmont Abbey. I drive by it every day on my way home from work.
There is an historic cemetery there too which would be interesting to walk through.
This is a beautiful area, rather small town-ish, but look back to the left. About 10 miles down the highway is Charlotte.
It's great to have the convenience and fun of a larger city near where we live, and yet enjoy a small town life. How we landed here is only luck, and we certainly feel lucky.

3 comments:

Art of the Firebird said...

I know (from work conferences) one of the computer science faculty there at Belmont Abbey College, Bill Myers -- if you ever happen to run into him, say hello from me!

Debby said...

Oh I do SO love cemetaries!

rosebud101 said...

That is a beautiful view!