Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My favorite color design


Complementary colors. I think this makes a piece or art 'pop'
This is something I teach my students when they make posters especially, so if you are designing any type of graphic design, you might try this.
For instance, you could have a yellow-green background and a red-violet type of lettering. The words you type will pop right out for people to read. Or you could shadow your words with a complementary color.
In beadmaking a good complementary theme is opal yellow and violet. Or coral and turquoise. That's why they are some of our favorite combinations. They complement each other. like they say "I love your hair" or "those are awesome shoes!" ok I couldn't resist. ;-)

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Sounds good to me, too!

Diane ~ said...

I never would have thought of having the shadow of the words in a complementary color. Thanks for the posting I learned something today!! :)