Friday, June 19, 2009


thinking of an herb garden. Chives, parsley, basil, just things I would use in cooking.
this book was recommended on the Real Age site, a page I like to read that has good tips on health for people 'my age' LOL.
It says chives are packed with vitamin C, potassium, calcium, iron, and folic acid. How about that? I have forgotten about chives. Just always sprinkled them on baked potatoes. Now I'm thinking....... gotta get some seeds or plants for a year round herb garden. Easy to do in this climate! Seeds I think. I am planning an August garden actually. For things that grow fast like beans.
but it's probably best to get the seeds now.
anyone out there in blog land with a suggestion of an herb to grow that you use a lot?

5 comments:

Debby said...

I like the RealAge site too. I get newsletters from them with interesting stuff in them.

I don't plant herbs with seeds. I get the plants. Usually from the Home Depot. WalMart sometimes have nice ones.

I plant flat leaf parsley (I don't like curly parsley), basil, rosemary, and chives in FL. I also like rosemary but I didn't plant that.

Love going out with my scissors and snipping something for the cook pot!

rosebud101 said...

That book looks great! Thanks for sharing, Susan.

susanlambert said...

plants good idea! thanks Deb
Hi Mallory!

Sharon Driscoll said...

UUUmmmmmm, my favorite is Basil!

José said...

Hi,

If I had a garden, I'd plant melons.
I quite like them and nowadays one can barely find decent ones.
I mean nowadays it's really difficult to eat decent fruit.

Kind regards,

José