Tuesday, November 10, 2009

handmade gifts for Christmas


It's important to me to support artists. Most likely since I am an artist, but also because I see so many creative people at art shows running their booths. Their income, many times, comes from what they sell, and so much is put into each piece. These past few years, I have tried to buy mostly handmade for Christmas, baby showers, and sometimes birthdays. To buy a whole bunch of pottery from a craftsperson makes a much larger difference in one person's life than to buy a whole bunch of bubble bath or whatever from some store. Your money goes directly into someone's pocket and gives them the ability to live better and continue to follow their creative paths. So this is the beginning of my annual buy something cool for someone for Christmas blog feature. I'll try to keep at it. Mostly the finds are from Etsy since that's where I sell my own art work.
Today is a way cool cup kozy. It rolls up and hangs on your bag or key ring. Great for someone who gets a coffee to go often. It won't get lost, is handy, and helps make our world a better place by saving many paper cup sleeves. right?
This green color is pretty nifty too. Check out the other colors and maybe this will be a good little gift for someone on your gift list!

3 comments:

Debby said...

What a great idea Sue. I like it. We have a craft fair here in the park and I rarely buy anything. I think I'll think more of the 'helping other's' this year and think gift giving and helping all in one! I like it a lot!

rizwan said...

Magic job has been done by you sue i like blog so much thanks for sharing

Send Gift to Pakistan

rizwan said...

Magic job has been done by you sue i like blog so much thanks for sharing


Send Gift to Pakistan