Saturday, February 20, 2010

fun in the neighborhood


Well -- fun in the next neigborhood actually. Lucky me! I was invited to play Bunco with a group of 7 other women. Being rather new to the area, it was great to meet some new people around my age, with similar interests. An evening was spent with good conversation, snacks, wine, and some dice. We will play again next month.
It's not easy to leave an area that we lived in for 30 years, and move away from long term friendships. One has to know, you have to socialize, and get out and meet people. Like after college but with a lot less energy. LOL By 11 or 12 oclock at night after a work day, I am fizzling out, unlike those days 20 or 30 years ago when we would stay out until 2 or 3 am. We have been so incredibly blessed to meet people and make some new friendships. Last night was a good example of a blessing. There are times that people don't 'need' a new friend, don't have time to make a new friend, and don't care to. They can be super nice people, but they have obligations and family. So to meet people who are ready to have some fun, and nurture a friendship is 'lucky' for me. Hooray for BUNCO!!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Amen to that!

We were so fortunate finding this park and meeting some awesome people. It's funny that a few of the friends I've met here are closer than friends I've had all my life. A bit different than when we were kids though...I don't go up to the girls here and say 'how old are you?'! hehe