Monday, February 15, 2010

new toy


Here's a picture of what I got for Christmas. I can't wait until there is that 'free day' to make some jumprings and test it out. Chain maille is great fun to make and this should make getting rings the size I want a whole lot easier. Then the plan is to put jumprings in my Etsy shop. I imagine that isn't going to happen if I don't hook this up and play! First step will be to cut some 16 g copper rings for a byzantine chain. It's fun and easy to do byzantine in this size. A well cut jumpring should close with a 'snap' sound and the seam be barely visible. I have wanted to do Jenn's Pind also and that is a real challenge. But with two colors of jumprings, it could possibly be easier to understand.
It can be relaxing to make chain or it can make your eyes cross!
I'll let you know when I try out the jumpringer. My husband is such a nice guy..... he buys me tools for gifts. Hmmmm my kids do too. To know me is to know tools are a favorite gift.
:-)

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

You are so blessed! Wow!