Monday, April 19, 2010

Frog beads


Looking at beads in my shop. I love these little frog beads. A friend told me she told her daughter she had to kiss a lot of frogs before she found her prince. Maybe that's the 'draw' of the frog. Stuff fairy tales are made of. Lampworkers often call the green glass in this bead 'frog green'
I'm not real sure what the 'real' name is for that glass.

still working on new beads. I need to take pictures and post them on Etsy. with a show coming up, I'm using many of my beads in my own jewelry. (which is why I started lampworking in the first place)
It's fun to put things together and if another bead is needed, I can sit at the torch and make it.

way fun!

2 comments:

Sharon Driscoll said...

And the question is - How many frogs did you kiss before you got the prince you are married to? I'm being your straight person here - go for it!

susanlambert said...

only the slimy ones