Sunday, October 24, 2010

Easy kind of like Stuffed Cabbage Casserole


since I have a bead set with a frit mix melted into it, I figured it would be fun to share a recipe too. it's been a while since a recipe has been shared on this blog. About time right?
A friend of mine who does weight watchers shared this with me and it's great if you like stuffed cabbage (I do!!) and also if you like to cut time out of that preparation. (sounds good!)

Carol's Weight Watcher Cabbage Casserole

1 lb ground turkey browned
one medium onion chopped
1/2 cabbage coarsely shredded
you can add 1 pepper chopped, but I don't
and you can add chopped celery (2 stalks) I don't

Now Carol cooks this and adds cooked rice. I put the rice in from the start so this is my variation on her wonderful recipe.
add 2 cups water and 1 c rice
1 lg can crushed tomatoes
salt and pepper.

there you go! Put this all in a big pan (I use a Dutch Oven) and simmer until the rice is done.
yum yum
now that your dinner is simmering, go make some jewelry! I know where you can buy some great lampworked beads.

Fire Divas!!
check it out!

have fun!!

4 comments:

Copper Diem said...

love the colors of those beads!!!

susanlambert said...

thank you!

rosebud101 said...

The recipe sounds yummy! Let's see more beads, too!

rosebud101 said...

The recipe sounds yummy! Let's see more beads, too!