Saturday, October 30, 2010


Happy Halloween!
We've had a fun week (haha) since my husband and I both teach at a middle school it's been a little crazy. The kids so enjoy Halloween. Monday they'll be sneaking candy into their classes in pockets and after telling them all "No candy in the Art room!!" I'll find wrappers here and there. I remember doing the same thing as a kid, taking candy that didn't have noisy wrappers!
We've been having a great time making our own books. After having 4 boxes of old computer paper donated (the kind that fed with punched holes on the sides) I have taught the 8th graders coptic binding. Sharon, my friend, suggested the project and it's been great fun. The kids are tearing paper and sewing and designing covers for their books. It is a super project.
Anyway.. here's one of my latest Etsy listings. A little lampworked bird. I have a few more and this summer, cast some silver branches to place the birds on, but I figured one could be on Etsy. This one is etched lightly and I love that porcelain/antiqued look. It's copper green glass, which has many personalities. Maybe you'd enjoy making a piece of handmade jewelry with this bead, or just hang it on leather. It's a sweetie.

5 comments:

rosebud101 said...

What a fun art teacher you must be, Susan. I'd love to learn binding!

susanlambert said...

awww thanks Mallory. I enjoy the kids a whole bunch!

Lauren said...

I still remember getting caught in grade school with Good N Plenties. Now I just hope my kids come home with some. Happy Halloween, Susan!

susanlambert said...

it didn't ruin it for you huh Lauren? ;-)
I loved 'red hots' but remember good n plenties fondly!

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

I love the bird!