Saturday, December 4, 2010

lasik

I took the plunge this week and had lasik. It was my concern when considering it (for years actually) that my close up vision would become bad, but after discussing it with the opthomologist, monovision seemed like the best decision.
I had the procedure yesterday and can gladly say seeing up close is still 'there' :-) Yay! time to throw away the glasses!
as I age (oh well.............) my close up vision has worsened in especially one eye, so that is now for distance. Optivisors will be handy but I tried a few things out today and it worked out great.
So back to the bench!! And the torch!! :-)

4 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Isn't lasik wonderful! I loved the results of mine!

Sharon Driscoll said...

Now I'm really feeling left out - yoiu both have it!

susanlambert said...

Mallory how do you deal with 'close up' did you do monovision or do you have to use magnifiers?

Judith Billig (Icarus Beads) said...

Yay - congratulations!!!

I had it in April 2010 and I am still bummed that I waited so long. It took me 5 years to take the plunge, and boy - I love the results :)

I'm so happy for you!