Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lampwork and Metals studio



Yay! It's basically done! My own little corner of the world. A place to melt the glass and pound the metals. There is room to teach too.
The ventilation system works perfectly. hooray! Bryan did a wonderful job. The 'box' to lampwork in is lined with metal, and the outer section is handy for hanging tools. The ventilation is through the top, and well lit also. I love lighting my torch and watching the flame getting pulled toward the vent.

You see my work bench is already in use, as is the bead kiln. Beads are annealing and a piece of jewelry is being created on my bench.

This is the best ever spot to work. There is still organizing to do, dusting and mopping, and a long shelf to hang, but it's taken shape beautifully.
It's good to be back in the swing of things too, since I haven't been able to work on my torch for a bit of time while this was taking shape.
Happy 2011 and hoping for much beadie goodness! :-)

5 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Great space, Susan!! I'm jealous!

susanlambert said...

I'm pinching myself Mallory. ;-) I could move out there and never come in the house. !!

Rebecca said...

Great to see your set up. Could you take another picture? Where will the student be? and how big is the space? I might have to downsize..

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

I love what you did Susan. It looks just great. When you are ready for students you can just use some sturdy fold up tables to put out and stacking chairs. Perfect and congrats.

susanlambert said...

That's the plan-- tables and chairs. (actually just one table because I want no more than 3 students at a time)
Rebecca it's one garage wall and I have a bench on the back wall too that is not in the picture. Kerry gets the other side of the garage and also has one bench. It will work out ok with students because there is a lot of floor space. But I don't teach many people at once here at home.
the larger classes are at a local School of the Arts.
More pictures after the next shelf is up. :-)
Downsize Rebecca? are you staying in the same location?