Thursday, March 10, 2011

Made in America dinnerware


The Homer Lauglin China Company makes my most favorite dinnerware. Fiesta ware.
I loved it when I was a kid, and bought it for our own table a long time ago. It's so fun to set a colorful table. My kids all had their favorite color plate. Joe liked the black plate which always amused me.
Whenever you want to add a color or a place setting or just get some cool piece of china like a water pitcher or new mugs or a casserole, you just go shopping. The price is always right and many times there are sales. And there continually are new colors which makes it so tempting to just keep adding plates and bowls.
You can also look for vintage fiesta ware if you shop secondhand, but it's hard to find.
And to quote from it's web site, "The company has experienced continued growth and is poised to move forward with the Wells Family’s pledge to continue producing quality, American-made china and provide jobs for potters of the Ohio Valley".

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

That's something I didn't know about Fiesta Ware. I love it! Now, I know what I am going to shop for with my new dishes!

susanlambert said...

:-) there is a place to buy 'seconds' on the way from North Carolina to Michigan. It sure would be fun to stop there.