Saturday, June 4, 2011

Eye love it!


This is boring if you aren't interesting in my struggle with lasik. But in celebration of better vision, these EYE beads are 20% off in my Etsy shop. Just send me a note on Etsy and tell me 'Good Eyes!' for the discount.

now you don't have to read this! Unless you want to.

Sooooo, yesterday I had a re-do/enhancement of my lasik which was done in December. Both of my eyes responded to custom wave front lasik with 15% less correction than was supposed to happen. I have mono-vision, so it doesn't really matter with the 'up close' eye. I can see well up close which was a real concern in getting this done. optivisors are a must when doing close up work, but I had to change them from a 2.5 strength to a 1.0 so that's pretty cool. I was so near sighted that everything up close was extremely crisp and I lost a bit of that. Like working with little teeny beads is still fine but better with magnification. But distance... I was beyond frustrated. This was out of pocket paying for eye surgery, and my vision was still -1 to -1.25 20/40 or worse. I couldn't see to drive without glasses, and really needed them for pretty much anything. I refused to get contact lenses since, I didn't do this so I could have a new prescription! I got glasses.. paid for those. Had to take them off to see up close, and put them on to see far away. Lost the first pair out for a walk and had to get glasses again! not what I expected either since isn't lasik supposed to help you save on prescription eye wear? I was so frustrated to think I had expected better than this, paid many dollars for it, wanted to do it for ages, and this was 'IT' ?? ugh.... I was told the day after surgery that I may need an enhancement. and all along knew yes indeed this would have to be done.
They made me wait 6 months for an enhancement. Again a surprise, since in the brochure and anything I read said 3 months. Frustrating. Very.
So FINALLY I got to get the check up for the enhancement and they told me I had to have PRK rather than having a simpler, 'lift the flap and laser' procedure.. which I'm telling you... it's easy.
sigh.... another 'surprise' this is just more and more frustrating. notice I'm not telling you where I had this done, but it is reputable with a well regarded surgeon.
I was pretty unhappy about that! but I 'would' like to see. So ok.. I am expecting 'significant pain' (stated on sheet from the lasik center) and 'light sensitivity' d#*n it!
I had it done yesterday morning and it was way past easy ... I mean EASY to have done. This is what the armed forces use and I can see why. simple to do. simple. But.... ahem, if you look up how it's done, (I won't mention it here because it's not for the squeamish even if it doesn't hurt a bit when being done) I know why it 'should' hurt.
yesterday... not a bit of pain. did the 'sleep all afternoon' thing. got up. made myself go to bed early.
Today I don't feel anything either! nothing!
maybe it's the massive amounts of vitamin B and C I've been taking.
My vision is supposed to be bad for a week, then improve slowly for weeks. I am not to expect anything for 6 weeks.
But today... I CAN SEE BETTER! woo hoo!!!
according to written information from the lasik center, it will get worse before it's better, so I'll enjoy this today and hope for super good healing (say a prayer for me ok?)

No torch work for a while. I wasn't told that but figure I'll wait a bit. I'll probably do some metals. But I have plenty of beads to post so keep an eye out (hee heee)

No comments: